Monday, January 30, 2012

Somebody Shoulda Smacked That Kid!

So, the other night I was standing in my bathroom getting my face on. Trying to get myself ready to go meet my besties, the Dynamic Guire duo. I am feeling pretty good about myself and looking forward to some "Tini Time" and adult conversation. Leave it to my middle child to squash any illusions I was having about myself. She says to me "Mom, this is just wrong." I look over to see what she is referring to, thinking it is something on the TV, but nooooo. She is sitting on my bed like a little princess, holding my phone that I had left charging, scrolling through my music and giving her thoughts as to what is "Mom appropriate." She is all like "Snoop Dogg? Really, Mom?" and then she was all like "Gin and Juice? Do you play that?" with this little smirk on her face. Then I was like "Yeah, what's wrong with a little Snoop D O double G?" Her response was the kick in the head, "Cuz your a Mom!" So this forced me to respond with "Did you think the second I pushed your sister out of my womb, I instantly had the cool sucked out of me?" This of course, got me the obligatory teenage girl eye roll. Oh, the joys of motherhood!

And these kids wonder why I drink! Cheers! <<clink>>

Love and Blessings, Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment